Saturday 18 April 2020

The Puriri Tree

                                                           
                                                               THE PURIRI TREE

Have you ever seen a Puriri tree? Well I have, there are heaps of them out at my nana and poppas  farm. The one that we are having a photo with is the biggest Puriri tree in NZ. According to my nana, this tree is about 800-1000 years old. It is about 10 minutes walk from my nanas house to the tree. The puriri tree is surrounded by native trees like Nikau palms, Tea trees, and kahikatea trees. We have seen so many native birds like Tui's, Kiwis, Fantails, Kereru and a lot more. What I feel like when I walk into the forest is safe, calm, happy, and excited.  Forest are very cool to explore. Try it out one day.

My question to you is: Have you ever been in a forest before? 

What I enjoyed: Was writing this and remembering what we did. 

What I found challenging: Was thinking of what to write.      

2 comments:

  1. We are very lucky to have the flora and fauna we have in NZ - I love puriri trees, we have lots on our farm. I especially love seeing the kereru flying in and out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome writing Jaymee, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete